Broccoli Instant Pot
Do you need to cook broccoli in an instant pot and end up with an exciting dish? Try this recipe.
I promise you will like it.
I must admit that I am a latecomer to the party of instant pot users. I only had the gadget a year ago when my pressure cooker gave up on me.
When I learned that Instant Pot offers so many features that possibly make my cooking easier, I was sold. And I’m glad I did it.
At the beginning of this year, I decided to renovate my kitchen. As you can imagine, I did not have any facility to cook properly during the kitchen renovation.
So all the electric cooking equipment, such as rice cooker, Instant Pot, sandwich maker, blender, etc, had become my best friends. They were the savior throughout those weeks when I could not use the stove and pans.
Of all the recipes and foods that I had made using these modern gadgets, making stir-fried broccoli in the Instant Pot was something I did quite often.
It was easy to make, and the dish was delicious and surely nutritious.
Because I didn’t cook the broccoli for too long, and I didn’t put too much pressure on those green veg either. So, the broccoli always turned out fresh, slightly crunchy, and tasty.
Don’t Lose The Goodness of Broccoli
I don’t really like cooking my vegetables for too long. I believe you can strip away the goodness of those vegetables if you let them in the heat for a long time.
This way, I hope to retain the nutrients in my veggies. So, this recipe reflects the same. You only need to cook your broccoli in an instant pot for about 3-5 minutes, and the dish is literally ready in 10 minutes.
It’s ideal to make it during your busy midweek. Or when you want your veggies intake but you don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen.
Just A Few Ingredients
To recreate this instant pot broccoli, you only need broccoli, onion, garlic, dried chili flakes, soy sauce, cooking oil, and sesame seeds. You can skip the latter if you don’t want them. They’re optional.
When it comes to broccoli, I use any broccoli. I used baby broccoli/ tenderstem broccoli simply because it was in season.
As for the cooking oil, you can use any neutral oil such as sunflower, vegetable, light olive, or canola oil.
How To Cook Broccoli In An Instant Pot
Firstly, prepare all of the ingredients and put them all nearby. Cut the broccoli into 2-inch pieces. Slice the onion. Mince the garlic.
Then, get your instant pot ready. We will use the saute function so that you will use the main bowl of your instant pot. Turn the gadget on and press the saute button. Set its timer to 10 minutes.
Pour the cooking oil into the instant pot bowl and stir-fry the sliced onion in it. Cook until the onion is softened and translucent.
Add the minced garlic and dried chili flakes. Keep stirring and take care, as your instant pot can be really hot.
Add the broccoli and soy sauce to the pot as soon the garlic turns golden brown. Stir again until all the broccoli is covered with soy sauce and herbs.
Add ¼ cup of water and give it a stir. Leave it to cook for about 3-5 minutes if you want your broccoli to be slightly crunchy. Or you can cook for 7 minutes if you prefer your broccoli to be soft.
You can also cover the instant pot with a glass lid with a venting hole of an ordinary pan. But don’t cover your IP with your IP lid.
Once you’re happy with the texture of your broccoli, turn the instant pot off and take the broccoli out of its bowl. Serve your delicious broccoli stir-fry made in an instant pot with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
How To Store The Leftover Broccoli
Should you have any leftover broccoli – which I doubt – you can always keep it in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat it in a microwave, a stove, or an instant pot before serving.
More Side Dish Recipes
Thank you for checking out my instant pot broccoli recipe. I hope you will try it. When you do, please share your thoughts in the comments below.
And don’t forget to check out my other side dish recipes you may like.
Take care and all the best.
Instant Pot Broccoli Recipe
- Kitchen knife
- Chopping board
- Instant pot.
- Wooden spoon
- 5-6 ounces broccolini/ baby broccoli/ tenderstem broccoli
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped or minced
- ½ small onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- ½ teaspoon dried chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds optional
- ¼ cup water
- Prepare and cut the baby broccoli into 2-inch lengths.
- Get your instant pot ready, you want to use the main bowl. Then turn the instant pot on and press the saute button. Set the timer to 10 minutes.
- Put the cooking oil into the instant pot and stir-fry the sliced onion until softened.
- Add the minced garlic to the onion and the dried chili flakes. Keep stirring as you continue cooking on saute function.
- Once the onion and garlic turn yellow brow, stir in the broccoli and soy sauce. Give it a stir until all broccoli is covered with the sauce and herbs.
- Then add ¼ cup water and stir again.
- Use an ordinary lid of a pan that can sit on top of the instant pot, and put that lid on as the gadget cooks your broccoli for about 2-3 minutes if you like your broccoli to be slightly crunchy. Or, you can cook for about 5-7 minutes if you prefer your broccoli to be soft.
- Take the broccoli out of your instant pot and sprinkle the sesame seeds over.
- You can always use ordinary broccoli and just cut the florets into 2-inch length and ½-inch thickness.
Nutritional info in this recipe is only estimate using online calculator. You should refer to it as a guide only. Please verify with your own data if you seek an accurate info.