This cherry smoothie recipe is for those who love creamy yogurt and do not want to mix the banana in the smoothie.
And it offers you an idea of what to mix in the cherry smoothie that gives you a delicious and nutritious drink without any banana flavor in it.
As much as we may love bananas, sometimes we just want to opt out of putting them in our smoothie mix. At least, we do not want to put it on every time we make a smoothie.
Because let’s admit it, bananas can leave a strong flavor in a smoothie mix, can’t they?
Frozen Or Fresh Cherries + Yogurt + Chia Seeds + Nut Butter
The thing that you may love about this smoothie recipe is that you can use either fresh Morello cherries or frozen ones. If you use the fresh ones, make sure you take the seeds out. You don’t want them in your smoothie, right?
For other ingredients, I use yogurt, nut butter, chia seeds, and water in this smoothie. And sometimes I put either demerara sugar, coconut sugar/ palm sugar or honey for sweetener. Because sometimes the cherries may not be sweet or taste a bit bland. So in that case, I put a little sugar or honey. You can opt this out if you like. Likewise, you can add less or more to suit your personal taste.
When it comes to yogurt, I love Greek-style yogurt. Because it’s creamier and less sour. But feel free to choose natural yogurt or any other flavorless yogurt that you like.
To give extra creaminess at the same time richness to the smoothie, I often put in nut butter. And my favorites are either peanut butter or hazelnut butter. A spoon or two of nut butter makes the smoothie heavenly and yummy.
As for the liquid to mix, either coconut water or sparkling water is my recommendation. Simply because either one gives more taste to the smoothie. However, you can always use regular drinking water or still/ mineral water.
Energy Boosting Drink To Enjoy All Day
Thanks to the health benefits that each ingredient of this smoothie has to offer, this purple-colored smoothie can be one of your energy-boosting drinks that you can enjoy any time of the day.
As a little reminder, cherries are good for our health as they help reduce blood pressure, improve sleep quality, and it helps speed up the recovery process after your exercise.
And Greek yogurt is full of probiotics that are good for our gut health. It is also high in calcium, vitamin B12, potassium, and amino acid.
So really, you can have this cherry smoothie for your quick breakfast in a glass, or enjoy it as a healthy dessert in a glass after your mealtime. Also, you can drink the smoothie as your snack alternative in the afternoon.
But if you fancy having a bit of a treat in a drink, you can try this cookies and cream protein shake by Fits A Mama Bear.
Storing The Smoothie
Technically, you can freeze the smoothie and keep it for 2 months.
But really, I would just freeze the cherries, and blend them into delicious drinks whenever needed. Because it doesn’t take time at all. It literally takes 2 minutes to blend.
And if you make it in a batch, you can store the smoothie in the fridge for a week.
Thank you for checking this Cherry smoothie recipe. I hope you will try it. When you do, I really appreciate it if you can share what you think about it in the comments below.
Before you go, don’t forget to check out other drink recipes that you may like.
- Apple and kale smoothie.
- Cendol: green rice flour jellies with palm sugar and coconut milk.
- Cucumber, apple and mint smoothie.
- Cucumber and kale smoothie.
Thank you and all the best.
Cherry Smoothie Recipe With Yogurt And Without Banana
- 1 cup morello cherries frozen or fresh pitted ones.
- ½ cup Greek style yogurt.
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar/ palm sugar or honey optional. See the note.
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds.
- 2 tablespoons nut butter see the note.
- 1 ½ cups spring mineral water/ still water sparkling water, coconut water or drinking water (see the note).
- Place the cherries in the blender.
- Add in the yoghurt, nut butter, sugar or honey (if using), and chia seeds.
- Pour in the liquid. And blend it all for about 2 minutes or until you get a nice thick smoothie.
- Some cherries can be very sweet and flavoursome, while some others may be bland. So, you can omit the sugar or honey if you find the fruits are sweet enough. Feel free to add more or less according to your taste.
- You can use peanut butter, almond butter or hazelnut butter. I personally like hazelnut or peanut butter.
- When it comes to liquid, I personally prefer coconut water or sparkling water. Because it gives more taste and flavour to the smoothie.
Nutritional info in this recipe is only estimate using online calculator. You should refer to it as a guide only. Please verify with your own data if you seek an accurate info.