Quench Thirst And Replenish Your Nutrient
This apple and kale smoothie tastes refreshing. With a delicious sweetness from the coconut and honey, it’s the one drink that keeps you rehydrated and replenishes your body with goodness at the same time.
In my household, this smoothie has become a favorite because it offers 2 portions out of 5 a day that we have to keep up.
Because it’s in the form of a drink, it’s so easy and doesn’t take much time to consume the two greens we need: green apple and green curly kale.
And as the weather improves due to the changing season, we’re surely looking into having this green drink more often on summer days.
Why You’ll Love This Smoothie
- Cost-effective: You only need simple and easy ingredients that you can get from any grocery store at a reasonable price. Because all items are everyday food items.
To make you even more excited, let me remind you of the goodness of this apple and kale smoothie for your overall health.
It uses ingredients that are beneficial for our health. They are granny smith apple, green curly kale, coconut water, and clear honey. These four items are such power foods for us.
As we know, apples are good for our hearts and may help prevent cancer, diabetes, stroke, etc.
Kale is renowned for its benefits, including supporting our immune system, bone health, eye health, and protection against cancer and heart disease.
Coconut water helps reduce the risk of stroke blood pressure, supporting good digestion and healthy skin, etc.
What Fruit Is Good With Kale?
My main reason for making this smoothie is to consume more kale because this green leaf veggie is so good for us that I love to have it in more ways than just enjoying it in my pasta with green kale and broccoli or any savory dish all the time.
And I find that because the kale leaf tastes rather bitter, it is good to complement other ingredients that have a bit more taste and sweetness.
I find all types of apples are good, including pears, pineapple, and berries.
Tips For The Best Tasting Apple And Kale Smoothie
- Make sure your apple and kale are fresh.
- Best-quality ingredients yield best-quality produce. So, perhaps you choose organic apple, kale, honey, and coconut water.
- Consume the smoothie within an hour of making it. This can give the most refreshing taste before the oxidation process starts in the apple.
More Apple Recipe Ideas
So, if you need more ideas of what to use your apple harvest for, try this apple and raspberry crumble, apple cupcakes, apple jam, apple salad with balsamic vinegar, Mary Berry’s apple cake, apple crumble cake, apple blackberry crumble, or another drink like this cucumber apple smoothie.
Thank you for checking this apple and kale smoothie recipe. I hope you will try it. When you do, it would be great to share what you think about the recipe in the comments below.
And please follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and/ or Pinterest @soyummyrecipesbydevy to sneak a peek at what’s cooking in my kitchen.
Thank you and all the best.
Apple And Kale Smoothie Recipe
- High speed blender.
- 1 green apple I use granny smith.
- A handful of kale leaves.
- 1 cup coconut water.
- 1 teaspoon clear honey optional.
- Wash and core the apple and cut it in chunks.
- Wash and rinse the kale leaves.
- Place the apple chunks, kale leaves, coconut water and honey (if using) in a blender.
- Blitz it for a minute or two until everything is blended and smooth.
- You can use different types of apple that you like or have.
- If your apple tastes rather sweet, you may want to skip the honey altogether as the coconut water is a little bit sweet too. So it’s probably best to add honey at the last minute after you check the blended smoothie first.
Nutritional info in this recipe is only estimate using online calculator. You should refer to it as a guide only. Please verify with your own data if you seek an accurate info.